Summer Holiday Photo Competition - Results!!!
I love love love!! running my summer holiday photo competition and with every year I run it, the competition gets tougher! Thank you so much to everyone who took the time to go through and choose their favorite holiday photos and send them onto me! Believe me, I know how busy we all are especially when the kids are off school so I really do appreciate it. It was so difficult to choose a winner from all the entries…the collection was very diverse and there were many with great qualities. Actually, I loved all of your photos and if you are not the winner for this year, please, please don't let that deter you for 2017!!! Onto the winner for 2016 - ‘Through the Looking Glass’. I love so many things about this image -
- the contrast between the rainbow colors that the little girl is wearing and the natural colors of the background.
- the light on her hair is gorgeous. It is not too strong to make the exposure difficult and create serious shadows from the barn, but strong enough for you to see the direction of it.
- I like the perspective and the angle of the barn and the rickety look of it.
- the texture detail in the roof of the barn is awesome!
- the story of the image is also really intriguing…what is she looking at? The viewer is almost teased because, the subject is on the side of the frame so there is lots of space to see what they are looking at (also another great feature), but we still can't see exactly what she is looking at!!!
Congratulations!!!! Chelsea - a great photo!